We are in the need of the following experienced and committed people who want to help these animals. The work can be done on your own schedule at home and greatly assist ARK in our mission.
If you want to be part of ARK’s mission and can make time to help in the following areas, please contact us to discuss.
- Public Relations: Help promote ARK through press releases, bylined articles, media coverage and calendar listings. Works closely with social media coordinator. Strong writing skills necessary.
- Event Coordinator: Organize creative, fun events from conception to clean-up to ensure a well-run, smooth event. Increase the contributions of individuals and groups to ARK by building relationships and exploring new fundraising opportunities from various sources. The more funds we raise, the more dogs we can save!
- Grant Writer: Responsible for writing proposals and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects.
- Transporters: Many times, the only thing that stands in a dog’s way of getting to a safe place is a ride. ARK is continually looking for people who will help transport these dogs from point A to point B. Generally the ride is about 1-2 hours between the points, plus the distance to and from your own home.
- Foster Homes: Our collaborating shelters and rescues are continuously looking for volunteers to provide a temporary living situation so they can help more ARK dogs while they are awaiting placement in a permanent home. Foster families provide shelter, food, care and love. The number of dogs we can save depends entirely on the number of people who open their homes and hearts to foster them.
- Trainers and dog behaviorist: Our collaborating shelters and rescues could help more ARK dogs if they had access to more trainers and behaviorist who could assist in their evaluation and training protocol.
- Children Volunteers: If you have a passion for animals and want to help, please contact us with your ideas. We know you have plenty of them. For example helping us raise money by selling lemonade, collecting pennies for ARK, having a bake sale, collecting bottles and cans, school projects, contests, birthday party donations. The sky’s the limit with your imagination. We encourage your involvement in helping us help dogs in need.
Please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information or to volunteer. Thank you!